Today is a good day! It’s Saturday which always means. No one is out to get me (read: my money) today 😀
I’ve never had a collector on my doorstep on a Saturday in 4 years so yeah I’m f-ing enjoying every minute of it.
You know what’s nice about this challenge and using this blog as my personal therapist. Whenever I hear my doorbell ring I’m actually excited!
I used to dread it because if I wasn’t expecting anyone it is usually someone that wants money from me and it usually is a crappy conversation.
Right now it’s different. I hear the doorbell. I’m like “crap… oh wait this is gonna make an awesome story. Lets hope the person can make it as dramatic as possible so I can entertain you guys with it! :D” As you see there is still some fear instilled in me but I believe that will fade over time and get my heartrate up in a good way 😀
On another note. Yesterday after I already did my blog post. I got a phonecall from a company that I did a talk for about “iOS programming” in Amsterdam. I did it for free and now somehow it’s kinda paying off. Got some karma points I guess 😀
They’re looking for a Lead iOS developer and asked if I was interested in helping them out.
- It’s for a really successful entrepreneur (I can learn a lot)
- I can start this project from scratch (no crappy other peoples code)
- All the technical iOS decisions are (probably) mine to take
- If the customer decides that we do this project -> I have 2 months of work
- I’m at the groundlevel of something potentially awesome
- They want me to work for free the first week (well.. I don’t think I need to explain my financial situation 😉 )
- After that they will pay me € 10 less than my current hourly rate
- I can’t work remote (I only do remote work atm)
- I have to travel at least 2 hours a day (possibly more)
- I won’t have any income in the next month and a half (I can discuss this with them)
The thing is I’m taking a huge risk by working 40 hours a week on a project that isn’t even mine. Its usually the risk of the entrepreneur or the company that really wants a project. So I will do a counter offer but I’m not quite sure what yet… You guys have any ideas? Let me know in the comments!
On to the real meat!
The balance for today on day 4:
Expected expenses today:
Around 10 for grocery shopping
€ 17,56 for grocery shopping (do you guys want me to post my receipts as well so you know what I buy? Let me know in the comments!)
€ 0,89 for wrapping paper for the kid presents I bought on day 2
Expected income today:
Nothing it’s the weekend
€ 71,92 (helping someone out) + € 28,78 (codementor) = € 100,70
Current balance personal account:
Current balance business account:
– € 36,22
– IRS: € 46.745,16
– Business: € 22.016,58
– Personal: € 8.710,69 – €100,70 = € 8.609,99
Balance day 4:
– € 77.340,77